- An HR manager who is feels your legal spend is getting out of control?
- An HR director who realises your HR team is hesitant about contacting your lawyers because there is a charge every time they speak to a lawyer?
- A Finance Director who dislikes fluctuations in yearly spend on employment law advice?
If so, our annual retainer agreement may be of interest to you. We call it the Employment Law Advice Agreement (ELAA). We advise the majority of our employer clients through our employment law advice annual retainer agreement and we know they are satisfied with the service we provide as they renew, year after year.
What service can we provide through our annual employment law advice agreement?
For an annual agreed fixed fee, you will receive:
- A dedicated employment law adviser allocated to your company, providing advice on the phone, via e-mail or in person,
- Practical, straightforward advice on employment law and employment relations issues,
- Full case management, preparation and representation in the Employment Tribunal in England and Wales (subject to a limit),
- Assistance with collective and individual dispute resolution,
- Checking and assessing employment related documentation,
- Drafting and negotiating settlement agreements,
- Free attendance for company delegates at our bi-annual legal updates,
- Advice visits from your adviser to your business premises.
As you would expect, our ELAA is subject to terms but it is designed to ensure clients know what they are getting in plain English rather than to create exclusions for particular situations.
We find that our ELAA clients have far less disputes and litigation than those company clients who only approach us once a problem has arisen. The ELAA allows HR managers to contact us with the smallest query and means we can advise in a way that hopefully ‘nips a problem in the bud’ before it escalates. Sometimes it will only be a tweak to a letter that is needed but we know that tweak could make all the difference if the matter ever litigated.
We also find that advising under our annual retainer agreement builds very strong relationships since we get to know our clients and the sectors in which they operate.
If you would like to know more about the ELAA or if you would like a quote, please contact us.